Newly added to our fleet in Autumn 2020 and in almost continuous hire ever since The Marquess has particularly good headroom. She features a traditional veneered wood finish throughout
The Marquess is a really sweet 56ft cruiser stern canal narrowboat with loads of interior headroom and a ‘standard’ layout i.e. living area towards the bow. Smartly repainted and refitted at our base she has new interior furniture and a washing machine together with solar panels and a 2kW inverter for 240V supply. There is a choice of two comfortable reclining armchairs or a bed settee in the lounge. For work or dining there is a proper dining table for up to four diners. A single or double Z bed for occasional overnight visits by friends/family can be provided instead of the bed settee if required. (Please check before confirming your booking). The Marquess has an open cockpit with perching seats and a removable front cover (not a cratch/cover though).
The cruiser stern has a lovely bench seat surrounding the deck and also a ‘dodger’ to keep the wind off your legs and young children/pets onboard!
Powered by a dependable Beta diesel engine and with large rudder, The Marquess is a really easy-to-handle boat for novices and experienced boaters alike.
- solar panels for charging the batteries if you’re not cruising too much
- 2 kW 240V power supply
- onboard washing machine
- electric fridge/freezer
- 4 ring gas cooker with grill and oven
- full diesel central heating as well as a multifuel stove
- crockery, cutlery, glassware, and cookware
- optional single/double z-bed for visiting 1/2 guests in the living area
- walk-in shower, cassette loo and washbasin in a separate bathroom
- open cockpit with a removeable canopy to keep it dry in wetter weather