Newly added to the fleet – Autumn 2020
The Marquess is a really sweet 56ft cruiser stern canal narrowboat with a ‘standard’ layout i.e. living area towards the bow. Smartly repainted and refitted at our base she has new interior furniture and a washing machine together with solar panels and a 2kW inverter for 240V supply. Comfortable reclining armchairs in the lounge for relaxing in are complemented by a proper dining table for up to four diners and double Z bed for occasional overnight visits by friends/family. The Marquess has an open cockpit with perching seats and a removable front cover.
The cruiser stern has a lovely bench seat surrounding the deck and also a ‘dodger’ to keep the wind off your legs and young children/pets onboard!
Powered by a dependable Beta diesel engine and with large rudder The Marquess is a really easy-to-handle boat for novices and experienced boaters alike.
- solar panels for charging the batteries if you’re not cruising too much
- 240V power supply
- onboard washing machine
- electric fridge/freezer
- 4 ring gas hob and under-counter grill and oven
- full diesel central heating as well as a multifuel stove
- crockery, cutlery, glassware, and cookware
- optional double z-bed for occasional extra 1/2 guests in the living area
- walk-in shower, cassette loo and washbasin in a separate bathroom
- open cockpit with a canopy top keep it dry in wetter weather